Saturday, September 15, 2007

My Breast Pump Talks to Me

I just got this new breast pump because it's time to relinquish the fancypants one we've been renting and insurance has been covering for 3 months. And the new one is not so quiet as the $2000 hospital-grade one. It makes a lotta noise and I swear it sounds like words. Not always the same words, either. One moment it's "halibut" and the next it's "The Black Pearl." It probably changes with my psychological state. For instance, the other night I was writing a letter to my dear aunt Louise, who is dying, and I could hear the pump saying, in the voice of my grandfather, "hell of a thing." I know it sounds like I'm on drugs, and okay, I am, but not those kinds of drugs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Carrie:

You need to put your headphones on and listen to music while your pump is going. That way you can hear music and your pump at the same time and not be able to tell which is which.