Sunday, September 30, 2007

MBB: Most Beautiful Baby



Last night we went to Sue and Mike's Oktoberfest party and Lily was a big star. She was quite content most of the evening. We think she likes being around lots of people, so she's a good party baby. Many relatives who'd not seen her yet finally got to see her and thought she was the bee's knees. Sue's mom said she was "the most beautiful baby I've ever seen." Wow. She got to be held by several different people and seemed to like them all. Except maybe this one woman...I turned around at one point to see that Mary was no longer holding Lily, but a younger woman next to her was, and I didn't recognize her. She didn't really look like she knew how to hold a baby and was kind of struggling. I half-jokingly said "Who are you and what are you doing with my baby?" and she turned around to me and said "Hi, I'm Renee." And I was waiting for "I'm Sue's friend," or "I know Mike from Med School," but nothing. I don't think she's a Mommy. I then half-jokingly said "Can I see some identification?" and a bunch of people laughed but Renee didn't really get it and just said something about a slide show downstairs and handed me Lily. Hmmm.

No comments: