Friday, September 21, 2007

First Public Breastfeeding of Lily!

Yes, I actually breastfed her away from home. This is a huge deal for me. I still can't imagine wearing a nursing shirt and having that work, just tucking her in there like it's nuthin'.

So when I say public, I don't mean I sat in a public area, with signs pointing the way to the spectacle: "Free Show! Boobies! This way!" No, no, no. I visited John at work and after our lunch together we went to a private room to feed Lily. General Mills actually has at least half a dozen "mother's rooms" for breastfeeding or pumping. And they aren't little closets, either, they're really nice. The one we went into had a big comfy chair with nice fat arms to rest my arms on while holding Lily, a little shelf attached to one side where you could set your drink or something (breastfeeding and pumping make you really thirsty), a sink, a fridge, a big table, parenting magazines, and they even had breast pumps!! Way to go, General Mills.

So Lily did absolutely great with the breastfeeding. Good Baby! Minimal wrestling to get her latched on.

No comments: