Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Baby Calls

Like bird calls, once you learn them, you know what each one means ("Chicken Hawk approaching, fly away quickly"; "Hey, baby, wanna mate?"; etc.). So I'm learning Lily's different baby calls, which at this point are all pretty much baby cries. Generally the loudest one, the one she really puts her all into, is the one that means "I'm hungry. NOW," or, more literally, "My God, aren't you people ever going to feed me??!!" Then there's the kind of whiny one that's a bit half-assed. That one usually means "I'm tired but you can't make me go to sleep. So there." Several others are still a mystery.

I've had a couple dreams where she could actually talk in words and it freaked me out. One of them she said "I want to go home" and when I looked closer, I found it wasn't my baby I was carrying, but some other child who I quickly put down before anyone might accuse me of being a babynapper.

No comments: