Saturday, September 22, 2007

LGB's: Little Golden Books

I still have a bunch of these from when I was a kid in the 60's, and even some from when my sis Kathy was growing up in the 50's. I just love these books. The old ones are the best, now known as "classic" Little Golden Books. They also now have "character" LGB's, including Barbie, but let's not talk about that. Anyhow, Random House has been reissuing a lot of the old classics, so they're not hard to find. I've been going through the Paperback Swap database and using my credits on getting them. One of my personal favorites (that I still have) is now on the "classics" list: The Monster At the End Of This Book, starring Grover from Sesame Street. Ah, Grover, so loveable. This was B.E., that is, Before Elmo, who I find patronizing. He and Barney are just sickening, I'm sorry.

No comments: