Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oh how very unfortunate



One side of the Rooftop Artpark looks down into a parking lot. Usually not too exciting down there. Today, however, a different story. This was the last day of the Republican National Convention, happening just down the street from the Museum, and so the hours at the Museum were curtailed and streets were blocked off. And so here we have some police officers suiting up in riot gear. At first I didn't want to take a picture because I thought they might look up and see me and then arrest me for being a terrorist. I almost wore my Minneapolis Police sweatshirt today, too. But these guys turned out not to be too aware of their surroundings. I stood there with Lily a good five minutes while she was trying to eat plants by the bars, and not once did they look up. THEN one guy looks around, but not UP, and stands on one side of the dumpster in the corner of the picture, and takes a piss against the wall!! Nice! I declined to record that moment on camera. But I did share this little viewing event with the Children's Museum staff, because I thought they might want to pass it along to the IDIOT police that there are children up above who can see you. And as one of the staff members pointed out, this was especially bad behavior for a public servant. I mean, maybe I should feel a little sorry for him, I thought of Wendy having to do riot duty at the WTC G-8 in Seattle and how much it sucked. But Wendy would have never peed in an alley. And I was just flabbergasted at how unaware of his surroundings he was. DUH! Try to set a good example for the kiddies, bozo.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Holy Sholy! This is priceless. I was going to link to it on my blog, but then I realized this is the private blog, so I didn't. Made me laff.
Thanks!

(Tell Wendy I love a girl in a uniform.)

I know she'll say 'Chris who?' but that's not the point. Just assure her I have good taste.

Carrie said...

That's okay, I don't have to tell her, because she reads this blog. Haha. She'll probably roll her eyes, though. Not that you're a criminal, but you would not believe the number of people she was arresting who asked for her phone number ("Oh, you mean now that you've made such a good first impression?")