Monday, September 22, 2008

Good Day





Today was strange weather for Fall, too warm and humid, but really breezy. When Nora came to watch Lily, I took Cocoa for a long walk down by the Mississippi River and it was really nice. I haven't walked her without the baby for a long time, and I used to do it almost every day so I miss it. Took pictures of some fall colors and walked about 3 miles and felt great. No headache. Always cause for celebration.

Which reminds me, my birthday is coming up quick! Run to the stores, get me stuff! Just kidding. This year I decided I wanted to spend time with family for my birthday and asked Jack and Mary if we could spend the weekend out in Eau Claire. They graciously agreed. Well, of course, they get to see Lily, duh. No, but I really love going out there. It's peaceful and quiet and beautiful and Mary takes care of us like we're in a bed and breakfast while Jack provides the comedy. Steve will be there, too, which makes me happy. He's a sweetie and a good hugger and wonderful with Lily. I think we did a great job picking godparents.

I saw Sue Nystrom (Lily's godmother) this Sunday at my art group, which I haven't been able to go to in ages, and she was so great with Lily. Even though Lily hasn't seen her in a couple months, she was captivated by Sue's playing with her, kissing her bear and making silly noises at her. I even got to do some art because Lily slept through about half the meeting. And then she was very good walking around the Scrapbook Store, looking at all the pretty colors but only trying to grab a few of them.

No comments: