Friday, March 14, 2008

The Wearing of the Green

Cabbage, that is. I've got in on. In. In my bra. Ew, it just feels so WEIRD. I felt like some kind of food perv putting cabbage leaves on my breasts. Jeeeeeeez. I mean, it's not so much an indignity, and I've experienced many indignities since this Mommy journey began. It's just so bizarre. But if it works, hey. I'll be a cabbage evangelist.

I've having a weird day. I got up late this morning cuz baby let me sleep in (yeah, that was after husband fed baby at 6am, so he gets gold stars, too), and when I got up and took her downstairs and put her on her playmat and turned on the little musical dog, he started playing different music! My first thought was, I'm not really awake yet, this is a dream. Actually my first thought was that I wasn't hearing it right. So I turned it up louder. Different music. Not drastically different, like it didn't start playing Stairway to Heaven, just subtly different. Which was actually creepier than if it had been Stairway to Heaven. Because then I would have known it was some kind of joke. So I let it play though a couple cycles and it was still different!! So when I get a minute I call John and ask him about it, and I turn it on in the background and...it goes back to the way it was!!! I'm in the Twilight Zone, it's confirmed. But I swear it was different. I was in Band, people, I know what I'm talking about. It was the same tunes, just slightly different phrasing and instrumentation. Really. I'm not crazy.

No comments: