Thursday, March 6, 2008

We Iz Havin' Fun!



This is a really good picture of my teeth. But seriously, I love playing with Lily. It took me a while to get used to it, how to play with a baby. I felt like I needed the list of instructions, like she was a board game. Then we just started noodling around and it got easier. Now I let her sort of lead me in what she wants to do. Sometimes she wants to just lie on the mat and ponder one of her toys, and sometimes she wants me to pull her up and stand, and sometimes she wants me lie down next to her so she can grab my nose. And I'll do anything for a giggle.

This morning before John left for work and I was still in bed, I could hear her being very fussy while he was trying to get ready (it's hard to be ready when you have baby barf on your trousers) and when he handed her over, he put her in the bed next to me. At first I just played with her hands and expected I'd have to get up in a couple minutes, then she pulled one of her socks off and I was so engrossed in massaging her little toes that I didn't notice at first how quiet she'd gotten. Then I realized she'd fallen asleep. Hooray! Today was also Cocoa's day for doggie day care, so we didn't have her pestering us to go out, or pacing in and out of the room. So we slept for about 2 hours. It was a wonderful nap. She had one sock off and one sock on. Sometimes she'd wake up a little bit and look at me, and I'd smile and put my hand around her cheek, and this would calm her back to sleep. Wow. How wonderful.

No comments: