Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Look! A Distraction!

So I wore the cabbage leaves for one weird day. I did have some plugged ducts and they dissolved, but I don't know if it was because of the cabbage. I just felt too icky and stinky to wear them again the next day, or even that night. Who wants to sleep wrapped in cabbage? And John thought it was just a distractive measure, so you wouldn't think so much about how long it was taking for the milk to stop.

And really, the milk is almost stopped now. I'm pumping about once every twelve hours, and I'm not getting any more pluggages like I was at first, which was very painful. And I don't feel like I'm going to explode. I just want to kill people. I am the most irritable woman on the planet right now and I know it and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. I know it's the hormones going all wonky with the change in milk production, but so? I can't turn it off, I'm just so goddammn crabby. Everything gets on my last nerve, like I'm just one big nerve. It's real pleasant to be around me. Ask John.

It snowed again last night, just to stick it to us Minnesotans that we aren't out of winter yet. And it's very wet and now it's above freezing, so there are great big glops of snow plopping all over the roof right now, like big poops being thrown at the house. It makes me crabby. But hey, what doesn't right now?

Lily is taking a nap right now, which doesn't make me crabby, it does make me happy. And Cocoa is in daycare, so she won't be pestering me and waking up the baby by hopping up and down on the bed trying to get my attention like I'm just a big dumb human who doesn't get it that I should be letting the dog outside every 3 minutes to check for squirrels. Bah!

No comments: