Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Travelocity BITES: Not Baby-Friendly

I was booking a flight last night and thought I could do it through Travelocity, which I usually use for travel plans, yet through the whole process I could not find where to put in a reservation for Lily to be sitting on my lap. Finally, before purchasing the ticket, I called their customer service. After listening to a bunch of recorded crap I just pressed zero and the recorded voice said, "All right, before I transfer you, let me ask you a couple more questions." No!!! When I finally got to talk to a person, who was obviously not in this country, she had to explain to me that it was not possible to make a reservation online for a baby traveling on your lap. You had to do it over the phone. Oh, and if you choose to make your reservation over the phone, they charge you an extra $25. But then, I didn't have a choice. I pointed this out to her and she just confirmed that it was true, I had to do it that way. So I said ba-bye.

I made my reservations directly through the airline instead, which was another fiasco, but I'm too crabby to talk about that right now. At least I have a ticket, finally. I have to go nap by my adorable baby now so I can be less crabby. That's baby magic.

No comments: