Friday, March 21, 2008

That's IT!

That's all, I'm done making milk. Actually, I'm not, I still have to pump twice a day right now, but with the bad headaches I had this week, I decided it was time to hang it up and start taking the migraine preventive and just pump and dump, as much as that waste pains me. Speaking of pain, my breasts hurt. Still. I thought they would stop that by now. Not yet.

So at this moment, I'm doing my last productive pumping, that is, the last milk I'll save. We've been using some formula all along, and have been changing the proportion of breast milk to formula this last month, so Lily is fine with it. And we even still have some milk in the freezer.

And of course, the Topomax will have to build up in my system for several weeks (it's one of those you ramp up on dose gradually) before I know if it's going to do any good, so my daily headaches won't magically go away tomorrow. But at least I'll know I'm doing something to get to that goal. I just couldn't stand it anymore. And I did do 9+ months of breast milk, which I think is damn commendable, especially with all my challenges. So long, milk.

No comments: