Sunday, October 7, 2007

Wackity

I never realized how wackity babies' arms are. When Lily is upset that we aren't getting her the milk to her hungry mouth fast enough or when she's just very energetic, her arms go flying all over the place. They don't really have any destination or purpose, it seems, just to flail about in an attention-getting manner. And whatever is in their path gets whacked. I mean, you know, not very hard, they are just little baby arms. But sometimes she hits herself in the face and then cries! How sad is that? But sometimes when she's on her playmat, she'll accidentally (at least I think it's accidentally at this point) whack one of the toys hanging above her head and this seems to please her. I probably get more excited than she does about it, like "hey, you accomplished something!" which is so overachiever of me. I don't think she's really expected to become aware of her arms and hands as part of her body until a few months from now.

No comments: