Friday, October 26, 2007

A Perfect Baby Day

Yesterday was magnificent. I got out of the house, FINALLY, after being sick with cold/ick all for almost a month. I took Lily to Baby Storytime at my library and even though she slept through most of it, I had a great time learning the songs--I love "Wheels on the Bus," and now I know all the hand signal thingees for "Itsy Bitsy Spider," which makes me feel like such a real Mommy! I got to see my peeps that I worked with there, and several people held Lily. It was so funny, one of them tentatively asked if she could smell the top of Lily's head, and then everyone wanted to! It's the baby smell. Like a new car or something. Ha. Carrie K. was there too so I got to see her and Kieran, and I got to pick up a bunch of books I'd had on hold. Sean, ever the suprising gentleman, went and found me a bag to carry all my books in, even though the library doesn't give out bags anymore. Then Carrie K. and I headed over to General Mills and had lunch with John. Kieran was really good and we had a nice lunch. Lily slept long enough for us to eat and then we fed her.

I also found that I felt much healthier getting out of the house, which led me to confirm my suspicion that the dirty house is making me sicker. So I'm glad I had already made an appointment with a cleaning service to come do an estimate today. I think it's totally going to be worth it to pay for keeping the house clean, both for my health and sanity.

Oop, gotta go get ready to go, taking Lily to a Halloween family celebration at Gen. Mills tonight! Pictures later!

No comments: