Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sea of People


Lily also enjoyed the people-watching very much. There were a lot of whiny kids; she wasn't one of them. One little girl, whose dad stopped her stroller just behind me, kicked me with abandon until Daddy moved her out of the way. When I turned around to see who was attacking me, I saw that she was way too old to be in the stroller, and she looked at me like she knew better, she damn well knew better than to kick me, but she did it anyway. No one apologized. I should have kicked her back. But maybe that's why she was kicking in the first place--she didn't have enough room and was getting squashed into people all the time. That I could understand.
The good thing about the MN State Fairgrounds is that it's all paved. So you aren't breathing in dust all day from everyone (and that's hundreds of thousands of everyones) tromping about. That's what I don't like about some other fairgrounds, and crowded outdoor events. And it would especially suck for Lily, since she's so low to the ground in her stroller.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I am near panic just looking at this picture. Minnesota must be insane! I live in L.A., but there is no drug yet devised, no torture known to man, that would get me out in a crowd like this. Even if I paid the entry fee, once I saw this scene, I'd tell Cathie, oops! Sorry! paid for nothing! Time to go!

but I'm a people person.