Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lily on her first boat ride



She didn't even mind the bulky life jacket. I didn't go on this ride because I had a headache, so I stayed in the house and napped with an icepack over my face. I'm glad I only had one headache over the weekend, that's an improvement.

So we had a really nice, relaxing weekend at Jack and Mary's, got to visit with Mike and Sue as well, and came home happy.

This week I don't have my helper at all, so I might not get to post again until the weekend. In general, things are going well. The candida diet is really making a difference in how healthy I am. Lily had a cold after she had the croup, and then John got it, but I never got sick! So I'm pretty happy. And I was telling John last night how I feel different now about being a Mommy, after a year. I feel more confident, and when I get up in the morning I don't think "how am I going to make it through the day with this baby?" but "What fun thing can I do with Lily today?" She is so much fun right now, and it's so exciting to see her starting to walk. She tears around the house pushing her little cart, giggling and smiling, how can that not rub off on you? I thank God every day for Lily, she's so special. And mine, all mine!!! Hee hee

2 comments:

Chris said...

I love these stories. This is a great picture of her and daddy. And what a hottie! Tell John I said.

Don't tell yourself I said, because...

oh, go ahead.

(baby's cute, too)

Chris said...

By the way: You can say 'mine, all mine' if you want, but Lily is her own person.
I mean, look at that face. She's plotting...

...something!