Thursday, February 21, 2008

Swing High, Swing Low

Today was a much better day. Lily slept until 8:30am, and then noodled around in the bassinet while I pumped, so I was able to finish and then feed her. Then we played a lot today, on her mats and rolling around the house in her little umbrella stroller. I make up commentary for her, like where we are (this is the downtown, and there's the toy factory, ooh, low bridge! etc.) and make zooming noises and stuff, it feels very immature and fun. And I sing songs to her as they occur to me, like the Zoom song today. Evidently it was so exciting that Cocoa got a bit riled up and started jumping on me and giving me big licks. Lily thought this was hilarious and started giggling, which is worth a whole day of rice globs in my hair. I just love that giggle.

I'm trying to stop and pay attention to Cocoa and slow down and pet her in between doing things for Lily. I know she's just jealous and needs more attention and that's why she went Cujo yesterday. And actually she's been mostly very good since the incident yesterday. But it's like having two kids, I swear. I'm hoping tomorrow we can get her to day care (the dog, not the baby) so she has a whole day to get her ya-ya's out with other doggies.

No comments: