Friday, May 13, 2011

She's So Beautiful

"Mom, you're so beautiful I'm going to keep you forever and ever."  Well, dang, that just made my day for about a week.

I've been really sick and haven't been able to play with Lily so I've been really enjoying my time with her again this week since I've gotten somewhat better. I had terrible flu last week and now I have a cold.  Every time I cough, Lily says, "Mom, I'm sorry you don't feel good."  Aw. 

Today we played "Babies," in which we take care of  several of her small stuffed animals (also known as "soft friends").  Usually we rescue the babies first, like today they were in a stroller and a big dinosaur came by and knocked it over with his big foot.  So we rescued them and gave them food and water.  One baby swallowed some seawater (when did we go to sea?  I know, I try to keep up) so we had to give him some medicine. 

Then Lily read them a story I gave her the book and she made a up a story pretty well approximating the one in the book.

2 comments:

Sharon Parker said...

I shouldn't be surprised by any of the sweet things Lily says anymore, but that sure is a keeper! Carve that one in stone, I say.

You know, she wouldn't be such a sweet child if her mom wasn't the same way. Just sayin'.

Parabolic Muse said...

I was feeling really crappy about my day, but then I started reading this blog and dammit if I didn't start getting happy.

I Can Say I Any Way I Want To!

you betcha.

rock on.