Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lily's First Ear Infection

Aw, po baby. She had a fever Thursday and it got up to 102.2 and she'd been snorky all day so we went in to the doctor and they said, yup, ear infection. Funny, I wouldn't have guessed it. I thought she would have been pulling her ears but the doc said all the snot is a better predictor than pulling the ears, that studies have shown ear-pulling can mean anything. Future comedian? (Carol Burnett). Anyhow, she's been a little trooper. We have to put saline drops in her nose and then suck out the boogers so she can breathe, esp. before we feed her, and especially in the morning. This morning John just held her in the bathroom while I took a shower and got the bathroom all steamy and humid. And she gets some liquid antibiotics. Pink flavor. Smells like Pepto Bismol to me, Bubble Gum to John. I don't think his smeller works very well.

So I don't think we're going anywhere out this weekend, just staying home and snuggling da baby.

No comments: