Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mommy and 2 works of art

I know, lame caption, but I couldn't think of anything else. This is me at a community art event next to a piece I made, a shrine to Amelia Earhart. I carved two rubber stamps of her image for it, one of her as a child, which you can see on the open right door, and a famous image of her in her flightsuit in the middle. The art show was the 22nd of March but I still don't know if it sold because they were so bloody disorganized. Lily and Sue came with me to the event and Lily was great. I had to carry her around and it was totally mobbed and hot and there was nowhere to sit so we didn't stay long. I hate how my hair looks. I can't get it to behave. I'm not using this perm person again, she f-ed it up last time, too. I just can't get it to do anything. As soon as it dries I look like I haven't combed it for a week. I can call it Avant Garde but really it just looks like crap.

No comments: