Sunday, January 13, 2008

Good Little Traveler



"I'm on a what?" Here's Lily on the plane on our way to Seattle before Xmas. She was a super little traveler, she didn't get fussy at all and had no problem with take-off and landing. She got the window seat in our row, because her car seat kind of blocks the row, so at first we had her between us but then the flight attendant said she had to have the window seat. In this picture she's awake and curious in the middle of the flight, just looking around. We fed her on both take-off and landing and she had no ear problems. Hooray! She slept through a really neato sunset that we watched over her sleepy head.

There were several other babies on the flight, so we didn't really stand out. Right in front of us was a 2-monther and further up was a 1-month old, which just seemed way too early to me to bring baby on a plane. So when the other babies were crying, John and I discussed how now that we had a baby of our own (even though she wasn't crying), the noise didn't bother us. I guess we're more sympathetic now. And maybe we were having fun secretly gloating that our baby was happy and not crying.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Next time I fly I will try to remember little Lily being so good! I am too aware of my surroundings and get irked when babies just keep crying and crying. I'm a meanie. But it's probably because I hate flying, and if I could scream and cry, I would!

She's such a sweetie.