Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ah, the Romance

Ha! When you are married, have a dog and a baby, it's not about the romance anymore, it's about the humor. For instance: I got this wonderful room scent stuff from my sister Kath for my birthday, it's a bottle of oil with a honeysuckle scent, and these bamboo sticks, and you put the sticks in the oil and just let it sit out and makes the room smell very pleasant. It's supposed to be for travel so you have a nice aroma in your hotel room, or I guess the guest bedroom you stay in. Ah. Well, I broke it out the other night in desperation because Cocoa (the dog) had been very naughty that morning and gotten into a bunch of trash and eaten some garbage, and so for the next two days she had the farts from hell. I mean, one toot and she could fell a boatload of rats. And she sleeps on the bed with us! What was I to do? So I broke out the nice oil and it saved me. No candle flame to worry over, just insert stick in oil and let it waft, and overpower the hellish gassy emanations from bad dogbutt.

1 comment:

Chris said...

This is very sweet.

I don't think I've ever noticed my dog farting. I think because she eats only dry food? Or, maybe she holds it? Or, maybe when she asks to go outside and doesn't actually seem to do anything, maybe she's farting? Maybe she's polite? I've had dogs all my life, and this is the only one who doesn't seem to fart.

This has been a good talk.