Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Want to Be a Vampire

Yes, Lily said this.  Why does she want to be a vampire?  "Because I like to jump and fly."  Okay, good.  No bloodsucking involved. 

Now, before you go calling child protective services, I do not take my 3-yr old to vampire movies.  No, actually, the only way she knows about vampires is this book I got from the library, Dick and Jane and Vampires.  I know, it sounds silly.  Well, it's weird.  It's the traditional Dick and Jane book, but add a vampire under the dust ruffle of the bed when Dick and Jane are playing hide and seek.  And a bottle of red liquid for the vampire when the milkman comes to deliver the milk.  Hmmm.  I couldn't believe they had shelved it in the children's section!  I think it really should be in the humor section.  But it didn't scare Lily. 

No comments: