Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mom 'n' Lily nappin'


I generally nap with Lily at least part of her nap every day. This is from a few days ago and we'd just gotten home from errands and baby was too asleep to get out of her jacket. So I just snuggled up next to her. We almost never put her in the crib for naps. I can't fit in there. She can get down off our bed ok by herself now and today I had gotten up after we were asleep a while and about 10 minutes later she came running quite wobbily to me looking upset, her arms outstretched. I don't know if she had a bad dream or what but I scooped her up and we went back to the bed and she slept on my chest for a while, which I love, love, love. Even when she rolled off to be on the bed, she didn't let go of me, wanted me close. So I stayed there. It's nice to feel needed. Today was John's first day back at work after Christmas vacation and during the time he was home I have to admit I felt a bit jealous at times that she always chose Daddy over me if we were both available.

No comments: