Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Why I Love Naps

Naps are so much fun with Lily, even when I don't get much sleep. She fights it at first, not wanting to go to sleep, but laughs when I drag her away from the edge of the bed by her leg back to the cozy nap spot we build every day on our bed, consisting of my big pregnancy pillow on two sides, the headboard on one side, and my body on the fourth side. She has her favorite bear and we have about four other bears on the bed, so we might have a little bear wrestling and tussling. And when I can see she is starting to get really sleepy, I open my arms, and she will sometimes just dive right into them and cuddle up against my body, with my head on top of her head. Of course, often she head butts me, which she doesn't seem to mind, but for me it smarts. But it's the most wonderful feeling when she dives into me like that. Then when she wakes up, she'll crawl on me again, or head butt me to get my attention if I'm not already awake. I love it. I love her, she's such a sweetie. I am so blessed.

No comments: