Thursday, July 31, 2008

Miss CutePea



Here's Lily in her purple sunsuit aunt Wendy sent. I think she is getting a tan! We slather sunblock on her whenever we go out, but she gets a lot of walks between me and John. The park is so close and she loves the swings.

Today I was on my own again all day with Lily because my helper was out sick, and I think for the first time I really felt comfortable, like yes, Mommy knows what she's doing. Not just that I would survive the day, but that I would be on top of it and enjoy the time with her. Now when I pick up Lily to carry her, there's a spot on my right hip where she fits just perfectly and I can carry her with one arm, and it's like I've been waiting for that feeling, that level of Mommyness where baby sort of fits back into me while still being her own unique self. And now I have it, and it is good.

No comments: